Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #541
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: playa chica
Hi everyone!! I found this site a few weeks ago and have been reading all the different LC approaches. Looking at Atkins '72, I decided that this plan is the most doable so I don't feel deprived.......man I hate that feeling! I'm not new to low carbs.......I lost about 15 lbs on South Beach Phase 1, but wasn't losing on Phase 2. I started Atkins '72 on March 25th and was stunned to find that I lost 4# the first week........wooohooo!!! I'm so impressed, that I ordered the book online....I had to smile at the seller because she felt she should ask more money than the .79 because it was a collectible FIRST EDITION.

I'm into my second week of induction and would LOVE to lose 10# by the time I leave for Mexico in 3-1/2 weeks!! I'm charting my food intake & exercise with ******, and even though I know we don't have to count calories, I'm keeping it under 1000 cal/day. I'm a little worried about the fat content, it hover at about 50%, but if fat burns fat, then I'm OK.

Y'all are an inspiration and I'm so glad that I found you!!!
playa chica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
[COLOR="Red"]Thanks so much for your reply Cheryl! Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Well, needless to say...... I never started the plan last month but I AM starting tomorrow!! YIPEE!! I think I will just ditch the newmans dressing and stick with red vinegar and olive oil on my salads. Im really hoping the 2 tablespoons of cream dont mess me up. I really need it in my tea
Yes, I use the regular Hellmans Mayo. I need to lose around 80 pounds. Its going to be a loooooooong journey [/COLOR]
Check your red wine vinegar - does it have carbs? I also love balsamic vinegar but that has carbs.

Hey you can get rid of those 80# - especially if you attack it 5# at a time. Don't look at the total - just look at 5#. Don't forget to create a spread sheet ..... it's soooo much fun going in there and typing in a lower weight! It makes my day.

How many carbs does the Newman dressing have?
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa chica View Post
Hi everyone!! I found this site a few weeks ago and have been reading all the different LC approaches. Looking at Atkins '72, I decided that this plan is the most doable so I don't feel deprived.......man I hate that feeling! I'm not new to low carbs.......I lost about 15 lbs on South Beach Phase 1, but wasn't losing on Phase 2. I started Atkins '72 on March 25th and was stunned to find that I lost 4# the first week........wooohooo!!! I'm so impressed, that I ordered the book online....I had to smile at the seller because she felt she should ask more money than the .79 because it was a collectible FIRST EDITION.

I'm into my second week of induction and would LOVE to lose 10# by the time I leave for Mexico in 3-1/2 weeks!! I'm charting my food intake & exercise with ******, and even though I know we don't have to count calories, I'm keeping it under 1000 cal/day. I'm a little worried about the fat content, it hover at about 50%, but if fat burns fat, then I'm OK.

Y'all are an inspiration and I'm so glad that I found you!!!
I see no reason why you can't be down those 10# in 3.5 weeks. Don't worry about the fat. When you eliminate the carbs your body has no choice but to burn your fat for energy. Where in Mexico are you going? I absolutely love Zihuatenajo (sp?) and Ixtapa.....
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Hi All,

Just got back from lunch and the conversation went something like
"Do you use milk in your omeletes, how many eggs, does your bacon
have sugar in it, and what do you use to cook it (spray, oil etc)!"
I did decide to get the omelete with cheese, little ham pieces and
tomato and stayed well within my plan. I also ate only half of it as
they made it with 3 eggs!

Too funny!

Ken's make a balsamic dressing with 1 carb per serving and if you drizzle it, it
hardly counts

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Dr A says that when you are within 10 pounds of goal that you need to slow down your loss so it literally inches along....you do it by adding back in 10 grams per week, one food at a time to see what is does to your hunger levels etc. Once you stop losing, and begin to gain, you go backwards one week to find your critical carb level or what you can eat all the time such as 60 grams a day. Sounds easy but I know it's challenging!

Bella
Hi Bella: Well that sounds wonderful being able to eat up to 60 grams of carbs daily. A Snickers bar I think is 25 grams My doc told me not to go over 30 grams or would gain. I think adding back in 5 or 10 grams weekly is a safe way to go.

Gosh you'll be within those 10# in no time at all.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi All,

Just got back from lunch and the conversation went something like
"Do you use milk in your omeletes, how many eggs, does your bacon
have sugar in it, and what do you use to cook it (spray, oil etc)!"
I did decide to get the omelete with cheese, little ham pieces and
tomato and stayed well within my plan. I also ate only half of it as
they made it with 3 eggs!

Too funny!

Ken's make a balsamic dressing with 1 carb per serving and if you drizzle it, it
hardly counts

Bella
Good for you - staying on plan. I'll bet your friends are amazed at your success so far. No wonder they are asking all kinds of questions. Who knows you might have encouraged others to follow your WOE..... It also sounds like they weren't criticizing your choices - just curious.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On no, I was the one asking the waitress the questions!!!

Bella
Old 04-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #548
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: playa chica
Bella.......I've read your weightloss journey, and you are amazing!! No cheats and the scale shows it!!!!

Cheryl.....We're going to the Mexican Caribbean. We'll be on Isla Mujeres for a week and then on to the gorgeous Tulum beaches!! We try to make a couple trips per year, interspersed with a fall holiday in the Puerto Vallarta area. Two very different vibes but I love both locations. I've never been to Ixtapa but have family who vacation there.....it's also very beautiful.

I just finished my dinner........8 large shrimp baked with a little butter & garlic plus a small wedge of lettuce. This is gourmet dining!!!!
playa chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

I am fulfilling my promise to post daily my weight. Woke up this morning - no shaking ...

4/4 - 140.0#
4/5 - 137.8#

So hopefully I'm on my way back down into the 120's..... I had a brat last night and feel some water retention this morning so hopefully if I drink a ton of rasberry SF ice tea today I can get rid of this excess fluid.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I just want you to know that you are all my inspiration.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June, 2003
Morning. Sorry I've been out of touch. My MIL (not close) passed away so DH and I went down to So. Florida for the funeral. We did manage to bridge our relationship with my BIL so I'm happy about that!

We stayed the course, Cheryl! We ate out every meal since Sunday (through Wednesday night) and I know I didn't gain anything. We ended up with an Atkins bar for lunch yesterday, but I would think that would be a "wash" since we didn't have any other food at lunch (on the road).

I even brought my own rum and caffeine free diet coke - but didn't end up drinking. I'm trying to fight the urge until our cruise.

It seems like everyone's going away in 3 1/2 weeks - including me I REALLy need to drop to at least 193 by them, and today I was 201. I know there's hope - wish me luck. Even though I was sleep deprived I did get up and exercise for 45 minutes. I think that and staying on plan as close as possible - especially Sunday (combination Passover and Easter (?) is that possible???) dinner. We had to move everything because of the quick exit out of town.

Right now I'm planning on a huge prime rib, asparagus and salad for myself and DH. For the kids I'm going to make Matzoh Ball soup (we can eat the soup), noodle pudding, and they're bringing a honey baked ham! Quite the meal!!

Toby
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Cheryl, what is on your new menu?

Im doing well, went to the symphony last night wearing some of my nice new clothes. FUN!

Today is my 5th day of working out this week which Im sure is really helping my weight loss.

Bye for now,
Bella
Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #552
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Bella where is your weight loss journal?

Yesterday: 141.6 (had two pound gain from night before..scarry)
today: 140.4 Going back to where I am suppose to be...

Doing it one hr at a time.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight loss journal? Hmmmm, you mean here online?

Bella
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #554
Blabbermouth!!!

Toby: I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your MIL ..... was she ill or was it just old age. I'm glad you stuck to the program while you were gone. It is difficult when you eat all your meals out -- too many temptations.

Bella: Glad you enjoyed the symphony last night. You asked what I am eating ..... well I'm not a breakfast eater (just coffee and sf substitute). Lunch a veggie and a piece of meat or just some Genoa salami wrapped around fontinella cheese. For dinner tonight I am having a baked pork chop and maybe a small salad. While watching Survivor tonight will have some SF jello with a little whipping cream.

I still can't go out and walk yet - too swollen from the surgery (or at least I think so). Plus I can't wear eye make-up yet - so I would really scare everyone on the street.

Picked up a ham/fresh asparagus/potatoes and will make some strawberry shaum torte with ice cream for Sunday. I'll just eat the ham and a few spears of asparagus and sf jello for dessert. Oh yes - I think I will indulge in a rum/diet coke ......

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June, 2003
Thanks, she was both - almost 85 and had been critically ill for the past 8 weeks. We were basically alienated from her (various reasons) but we were still compelled - morally - to go down for her funeral.

Toby
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furkid View Post
Thanks, she was both - almost 85 and had been critically ill for the past 8 weeks. We were basically alienated from her (various reasons) but we were still compelled - morally - to go down for her funeral.

Toby
I am glad you put the alienation behind you and went to her funeral. You'll be happy you did - especially in the years to come.... Good for you!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #557
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Weight loss journal? Hmmmm, you mean here online?

Bella
yes
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
yes
Well maybe its not too late to start

Bella
Old 04-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #559
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigan-girl
Hi everyone! I havent posted in a while, just been kinda busy with the kids and getting ready for the holidays. I have been strictly Atkins since March 26, first week just meats and mayo in my tuna, coffee, creamer or heavy cream. This coming Monday will be 2 weeks, i have only lost 6lbs . I thought i should have lost more. Should i be?? Just a little annoyed i guess. The beginning of this week i added in lettuce and just a little bit of cheese (only twice this week). Should i stick to only meat and no carbs, or am i doing ok??
michigan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Michigan,

Why dont you post a couple of days of menus and we can give you
feedback....

Bella
Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 AM   #561
Junior LCF Member

Ok Bella here goes:

L: 2 small cans of tuna fish mixed with mayo

D: CHicken breast baked then cut up mixed with a bit of mayo and mustard

And this is basically what i have been eating, not the same everyday, i will mix it up and have a differnt peice of meat for dinner, but this is usually what i eat. Im not a breakfast eater so i have coffee in the morning with 1 splenda and either Carnation non dairy creamer or heavy cream. Like i said before, the first week I hadnt had any carbs except the sweetner and cream in my coffee. THis week i have added some lettuce, not much though. I am in ketosis and still today nothing. Help!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok - here goes for day two:
4/4 - 140.0#
4/5 - 137.8#
4/6 - 138.0# 2/10th gain...

I had about 4 pieces of bacon yesterday so it must be water retention ...... Oh well at least I'm still not in denial! Today I will just have a salad for dinner because it is Good Friday - so can't eat meat (Catholic). I really have to stay away from foods that have salt - I have a tendency to retain fluids and my calves feel heavy this morning and my face is puffy.

Hope you all have a great day .... stay on track!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michigan,

How much weight do you have to lose? If it isnt that much then that could be the slow factor. However, I dont see any veggies in your plan. What about the salad??

Bella
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Michigan: How "regular" are you with not having ruffage? Maybe you are "stopped up". That can prevent you from dropping weight.

Don't ignore plain lettuce salads with some cheese/pieces of meat/hard boiled egg and some low carb dressing. I also put in bacon bits. You are allowed that addition to your daily eating.

What kind of mayo are you using? Do you like bleu cheese? If so - you can mix that up with some sour cream for a salad dressing.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
I didn't post yesterday but did read the progress and recommendations. Congrats to everyon. I didn't weigh this morning - I was afraid to. I just don't want to see a gain now. DH decided that we need a break and are going to the Bahamas in May. Now I really want to lose that 14 #'s.

B - [COLOR="red"]oatmeal [/COLOR]- this is not normal
L - 3 oz roasted chicken, less than a cup of salad greens, 1 [COLOR'"red"]3 carb tortilla[/COLOR], smudge of mustard and mayo, [COLOR="red"]diet pepsi[/COLOR]
S - [COLOR="Red"]Dannon lite yogurt[/COLOR]
D - ??? but it will be no carbs

I finished my box of [COLOR="red"]wine[/COLOR] last night. I will not buy any more until I reach goal and then I will monitor it to see if that was my problem.

Next week I will not have any of the items in red. I hope this works.

Last edited by 2bdancing; 04-06-2007 at 12:52 PM..
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #566
Junior LCF Member

Cheryl, i am stopped up, can that be why im not losing as i should??? I thought if i really cut out carbs in the beginning it would speed it up. Bella i have 50lbs to lose. I am using either Hellmans or Kraft Real Mayo, are they exceptable? So then i should add some veggies? If so, what? Sorry for being so annoying, im just confused . And as far as being stopped up, i have that problem even with veggies, is their something else that can help with that?? Ur answers and advice are very much appreciated, thanks guys!!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Michigan

Try using ****** which you can use online. It will track all your calories and carbs. I imagine you are eating hidden carbs- also try Milk of Magnesia, 2 tablets at bedtime to get things going again. That should help.

Bella
Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #568
Junior LCF Member

Bella,

Thnks for the quick response. How do u figure im eating hidden carbs? I have only been eating meat, and some lettuce. The only hidden carb would probably be in the non dairy creamer in my coffee and even thats very little and I dont think it would stall weight loss. I am staying away from everything. Like i have said before, i lost alot of weight a few years ago on atkins and fast and i had alot more carbs then i'm having now. Could it be the second time is slower? I read both books, the 72' version and The New Diet Revolution. I think im doing it right???? I just dont get it. At least i can say i feel great because im never hungry, and not bloated like i always am after i eat. Again thank u guys for the helpfull advice.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi again Michigan,

Well them perhaps it would be good to stay the course If you are following to the letter the plan (look at the first post of this entire thread) then it will work. And I havent seen it slow down the second time IF you really do it.

Bella
Old 04-07-2007, 05:52 AM   #570
Junior LCF Member

Bella thanks again for responding, thats what i was thinking, i will keep going, im so motivated this time to stay the course and LOSE this weight. Who knows maybe it'll kick in some time.