Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
If you bring the rum, come over anytime
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
You've got me hungry talking about spiral ham!

Im down another pound today for -39, just one more to my Easter goal
Then its 10 to pre-maintanence which Im setting as a Mother's Day goal.
I should be able to do that!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalp View Post
If you bring the rum, come over anytime
You've got yourself a deal ..... enough for everyone! I'll even bring the sf coke.

Bella: Congrats on only having 1# left to your mid-goal. You are on the road to success!
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prtybrneyes
Stats: 185/140
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: 6 Nov 2008
So excited!!!

[COLOR="Magenta"]I guess this is really working. It's something that you really have to see to believe. Yesterday, I decided out the blue to try on some size 8 express jeans that I've haven't been able to fit since I brought them December 2005. Not only could I get both of my thighs into them, but I was able to button them up. A size 8. I've been wearing 11's, tightly. Can not believe it at all. I'm still siked! [/COLOR]
prtybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtybrneyes View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]I guess this is really working. It's something that you really have to see to believe. Yesterday, I decided out the blue to try on some size 8 express jeans that I've haven't been able to fit since I brought them December 2005. Not only could I get both of my thighs into them, but I was able to button them up. A size 8. I've been wearing 11's, tightly. Can not believe it at all. I'm still siked! [/COLOR]
Yippee!!!!! I'll bet you feel like a million bucks - and look great too! Keep up the great work -- and keep us posted.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #516
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redheadmama
Stats: 264.5/251.5/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 4, 2009
Wow Bella - one more pound! All your hard work is really paying off. Congrats.

There isn't a better feeling than getting into a smaller size...good work Prtybrneyes.

How is everyone else? I managed to get through the weekend...figured out my scale is not working properly (growl!) I have been so focused on what it says and feeling like I was not losing fast enough even though the sticks are dark purple when I test and I am getting into clothes that I couldn't wear at Christmas. Couldn't figure out what was going on. I felt a lot better when my husband put it in perspective when he pointed out that I have lost about 1/2 pound daily since I restarted Feb 21. I can so live with that! Can you tell I'm not a patient person. I think I am going to do what your doctor recommended Cheryl and only weigh myself once a month or maybe once a week.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett
redheadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

Jayne: I agree with your DH - look at the positive. The numbers are going in the right direction. It could be the opposite (heaven forbid). If you are able to wear clothes you couldn't fit into at Christmas - OMG what a nice reward.

Yes if you stay off the scale - and just go by how your clothes and body look - it will save you a lot of emotions you won't have to deal with. Weight fluctuates daily - why put yourself through that.

Try to weigh once a month (if you can). I know it's hard but what I found that if I was jumping on daily - what I saw that morning would dictate my entire mood for the day. Soooo not worth it.

I'm glad you got through the weekend ..... remember, one day at a time!

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #518
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
I also love the sf rootbeer. Don't do what I did last year - I decided to try putting in some frozen cool whip - not good. How much cream did you put in the rootbeer?
I would like to know too.

Here to say that I have finally broken the 140 mark. I got on the scale this morn and it said 138.8 but then jumped to 139.0!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

I do have a question though. If I start to eat salads, and other legal things..like maybe a root beer float as mentioned above, will I start the upward trend? Been doing meat/eggs. small salad like every three days or so...

Thanks.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

I was very strict with my WOE from March 2006 - Nov. 2006. When I started adding back stuff I noticed a big time increase in appetite. Before I knew it I was eating junk food. While I was strict - my DH had to force me to eat. I just wasn't interested nor hungry. It sure proved to be a slippery slope for me.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing and the tricks you found to work to keep you maintaining. That's the hardest part IMHO.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
I was very strict with my WOE from March 2006 - Nov. 2006. When I started adding back stuff I noticed a big time increase in appetite. Before I knew it I was eating junk food. While I was strict - my DH had to force me to eat. I just wasn't interested nor hungry. It sure proved to be a slippery slope for me.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing and the tricks you found to work to keep you maintaining. That's the hardest part IMHO.
Cheryl, when you say *junk food*, are you referring to sugarfree candies and baking things with artificial sweetners and stuff?? Did you ever add back in fruit?? Thanks in advance! I have to second the motion that you are indeed an inspiration! Thanks for posting and helping all of us.

Lisa
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning loverlies!

Well Im down 40 pounds today I have 20 more to goal.

Bella
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Cheryl, when you say *junk food*, are you referring to sugarfree candies and baking things with artificial sweetners and stuff?? Did you ever add back in fruit?? Thanks in advance! I have to second the motion that you are indeed an inspiration! Thanks for posting and helping all of us.

Lisa
The junk food I am referring to is all the illegal foods - carbs! The last 3 months have been horrible - my own doing - I can't blame anyone else or any circumstance...... I own it myself

Last year when I was real strict I remember I added back in some green grapes when I got to goal and OMG before I even realized it I was consuming great quantities. My DH brought that to my attention. My hand was in non-stop motion from bowl to mouth. I had to cut those out. Fruit acts like a trigger for me and grapes are high in carbs I think.

I am gearing up to get back down to 126# by the end of May. I hesitated to get on the scale this morning but tomorrow morning I will face the demon. I am sure I am in the high 130's and what's maddening is to think I was 126# last August ..... grrrrr. I just proved it to myself that this WOE is definitely for my lifetime.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Good morning loverlies!

Well Im down 40 pounds today I have 20 more to goal.

Bella

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! What a great inspiration you have been.

Are you tempted to add some carbs back in or are you staying the course till you lose your last 20#? I tell you - maintenance is so difficult (at least it was for me). I will be very curious to see if you can give me any tips because I was floundering. Thank goodness I am back in the mode of wanting to lose more weight and I don't have to face that demon for a while!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
Cheryl, I am glad to see you posting here. You are always full of great information. I am really struggling this time. I am keeping the carbs down but evidently not down enough. I bought some yogurt thinking that I need the calcium and what a mistake. I do cardo 3 days a week for 40 mins and weights 3 days a week (a full body circuit). I am empting my refer of all ugly stuff and Monday I should be back on induction. We just bought a pool and I want to get back into my swimsuits before it is completed. I printed off your Drs advice on foods and will follow that. Thanks again for staying in the loop you are helping more people than you realize.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl,
Im staying the course at least another 10 pounds and then will see. I want to get within 10 pounds of goal before I add anything in....If I may ask, what kinds of things did you add back in that caused problems for you?

Bella
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #526
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bdancing View Post
Cheryl, I am glad to see you posting here. You are always full of great information. I am really struggling this time. I am keeping the carbs down but evidently not down enough. I bought some yogurt thinking that I need the calcium and what a mistake. I do cardo 3 days a week for 40 mins and weights 3 days a week (a full body circuit). I am empting my refer of all ugly stuff and Monday I should be back on induction. We just bought a pool and I want to get back into my swimsuits before it is completed. I printed off your Drs advice on foods and will follow that. Thanks again for staying in the loop you are helping more people than you realize.
I'm glad to hear you are getting rid of the "ugly stuff". I know gals on the main board were always after me to add back in yogurt, etc. Yogurt has carbs - plus I don't like it. If you want calcium - take a capsule is my motto.

Believe me - if you follow the doc's WOE and take your multi-vitamin/minerals you will lose ...... Good luck and keep me posted.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Cheryl,
Im staying the course at least another 10 pounds and then will see. I want to get within 10 pounds of goal before I add anything in....If I may ask, what kinds of things did you add back in that caused problems for you?

Bella
Definitely fruit acted as a trigger and I also found that in the beginning I was limiting quantities of veggies - but then instead of one cup it was now two. It just started escalating from there. Then I would jump on the scale and see "oh I only gained one pound - so I guess I could have a few chips, dorito chips, etc." I think you know what happened from there. Then before I knew it I didn't want to get on the scale - the whole denial scenario..... I'm now gearing up to go gang busters again. My DH has peanut butter cookies on the counter and I have had none and I'm home alone. That junk just makes me feel like crap and I can wake up in the morning actually shaking. When I am vigilant on my WOE I jump out of bed, fully refreshed, no headache, no shaking....
Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #528

Quote:

so what should I do> Eat salad? Not eat salad? Today I did have half cup of canned spinach, but that is the only carb I had today. I dont want to ruin my wieght dropping. thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

It is really trial and error. If you are adding back items and are not noticing triggers - go for it. Everyone is different! Hey I don't think spinach or a salad will trigger eating off plan. How did you feel after eating those items? If your weight was not impacted and you didn't feel like crap - consider those items as ok. Just keep testing foods that you do want to add back in.

You are doing so well - and I understand that you don't want to ruin what you've accomplished so far. The reason I had such a problem is because I have NEVER reached my goal in the past except once when I was in my early 20's so I had no clue how to handle maintenance. I guess my body just can't handle consuming a ton of food.

Keep me posted as to how you feel after adding back in your favorite foods....

Old 04-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone:

Well I mentioned yesterday that TODAY was D-Day for me to "get real" and stop the denial on weight gain. I did weigh myself and I am 140#. So I have 14# to get back down to 126#. I actually felt pretty good the damage wasn't worse.

So I pledge to all of you that I will report my daily weight and not continue this denial. I am being held responsible starting today. It sure doesn't help me here where I am giving all of you advice and then don't follow it myself.

Now I will change my stats to prove I'm serious
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #531

Cheryl thanks for the reply. I am trying so hard to get into the 120's also. It seems I cant even have heavy cream, tsp even without it causing a weight gain. Gosh. My weight is up today by two pounds. I did have 3/4 oz of cheese last night though. Starting again clean today. I do know I do have to add foods in. I cannot eat meat and eggs the rest of my life. Its ok for a few days but it gets old.
I think I will post weight daily here also if thats ok. Maybe we can have a race. LOL. Well then again maybe I will start next Mon. BUT I am going to do the best I can until Sunday. I was 141 this morn. TWO pound gain from cheese and cream. Gosh.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
Cheryl thanks for the reply. I am trying so hard to get into the 120's also. It seems I cant even have heavy cream, tsp even without it causing a weight gain. Gosh. My weight is up today by two pounds. I did have 3/4 oz of cheese last night though. Starting again clean today. I do know I do have to add foods in. I cannot eat meat and eggs the rest of my life. Its ok for a few days but it gets old.
I think I will post weight daily here also if thats ok. Maybe we can have a race. LOL. Well then again maybe I will start next Mon. BUT I am going to do the best I can until Sunday. I was 141 this morn. TWO pound gain from cheese and cream. Gosh.
Sheila, I know this is not true '72 Atkins, but maybe you could use the 2% Calorie Countdown milk by Hoods. It is only 3 carbs per cup, so practically nothing as far as a few Tablespoon in your coffee...maybe??

Lisa
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Sheila, I know this is not true '72 Atkins, but maybe you could use the 2% Calorie Countdown milk by Hoods. It is only 3 carbs per cup, so practically nothing as far as a few Tablespoon in your coffee...maybe??

Lisa
Thanks LIsa, will look for it, but I just checked my heavy cream and there is less than 1 carb in a tablespoon. That is why I do not get it.... I mean geesh.. no carbs hardly at all. And it isnt like I drank it from the box.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,

Its beginning to sound like losing is easier than maintaining! Cheryl, I think that adding back in chips and such is probably not going to be my approach- Im planning to add in more veggies that are higher starch, a couple of pieces of Ezekial bread twice a week, a little fruit. We shall see. And Im going to keep using ****** to track my calories. Before my diet I was eating nearly 3000 calories a day, and I know that even when working out hard Im only using 2600. So that accounts for the gain.

Bella
Old 04-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
It could be water weight from the cheese. It will do that to me. I'm sure the cream didn't cause the gain....

I know I can get into the 120's again - I just did it last year. I was pretty much eating meat/veggies/sf jello/a few eggs once or twice a week. I WILL get there again.....
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Its beginning to sound like losing is easier than maintaining! Cheryl, I think that adding back in chips and such is probably not going to be my approach- Im planning to add in more veggies that are higher starch, a couple of pieces of Ezekial bread twice a week, a little fruit. We shall see. And Im going to keep using ****** to track my calories. Before my diet I was eating nearly 3000 calories a day, and I know that even when working out hard Im only using 2600. So that accounts for the gain.

Bella
How did I know you'd say that about the "chips" I've never counted calories because my doc said not to worry about that but maybe I should consider that when I get to goal. He always told me it's not how much you are eating it's WHAT you are consuming. So that is why I never concerned myself with that part of dieting. Hey I'm sure when I was eating all that junk - my calories were definitely higher than they are today.

I'm hoping you will find the secret of maintenance and pass it on to me..... I know the gals on the regular forum kept talking about "climbing the carb ladder". I think that if I could get a hold of the '72 edition maybe there are a few chapters in that book that would shed some light on maintenance. If I remember correctly he said to add back in 5 grams of carbs per week and see how it affects you. If no problem - add another 5 grams the next week.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dr A says that when you are within 10 pounds of goal that you need to slow down your loss so it literally inches along....you do it by adding back in 10 grams per week, one food at a time to see what is does to your hunger levels etc. Once you stop losing, and begin to gain, you go backwards one week to find your critical carb level or what you can eat all the time such as 60 grams a day. Sounds easy but I know it's challenging!

Bella
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
Quote:
Good morning everyone:

Well I mentioned yesterday that TODAY was D-Day for me to "get real" and stop the denial on weight gain. I did weigh myself and I am 140#. So I have 14# to get back down to 126#. I actually felt pretty good the damage wasn't worse.

So I pledge to all of you that I will report my daily weight and not continue this denial. I am being held responsible starting today. It sure doesn't help me here where I am giving all of you advice and then don't follow it myself.

Now I will change my stats to prove I'm serious
This sounds like a challenge to me. I weighed this morning and am at 134. I weighed 139 March 1. I still have not lost any inches but I am going back to lower carbs. Meat and veggies it will be. I have 14 #'s to go.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #539

Quote:
Dr A says that when you are within 10 pounds of goal that you need to slow down your loss so it literally inches along....you do it by adding back in 10 grams per week, one food at a time to see what is does to your hunger levels etc. Once you stop losing, and begin to gain, you go backwards one week to find your critical carb level or what you can eat all the time such as 60 grams a day. Sounds easy but I know it's challenging!

Bella
thanks Bella. I was doing just meat and eggs. I added spinach yesterday. Today
it was tuna salad made with lettuce and half cucumber. For supper will have chicken and half cup of cooked spinach. Will try this for the week. TY.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #540
allgirls

Gallery: allgirls
Thanks Cheryl!

[COLOR="Red"]Thanks so much for your reply Cheryl! Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Well, needless to say...... I never started the plan last month but I AM starting tomorrow!! YIPEE!! I think I will just ditch the newmans dressing and stick with red vinegar and olive oil on my salads. Im really hoping the 2 tablespoons of cream dont mess me up. I really need it in my tea
Yes, I use the regular Hellmans Mayo. I need to lose around 80 pounds. Its going to be a loooooooong journey [/COLOR]

Quote:
Your menu looks good to me. No I ate as much butter, olive oil, etc. as I wanted. You might want to check the salad dressing to make sure it doesn't have carbs. I would make sour cream/bleu cheese or just use Good Seasonings dressing.

Go easy on the cream for your coffee. Try cutting it in half for a few days and see if after those few days you can cut it out. I don't think it will harm you - but just make sure it doesn't make you hungry.

Are you using Hellman's mayo? The Miracle Whip has sugar....

Keep me posted my friend. How much weight do you want to lose?