Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
Cheryl.. I am confused sort of..i read meat and egg diet/ Kimmers plan, and her expierment..

How long can one go with very low carbs..Like I had maybe half a cup of plain lettuce today and the rest was protein. She said only three days to five days for her expierment..forgive sp. i am so sleepy..got to go to bed. Thanks for the help.
As long as you are feeling fine and are not bored - you can continue till you reach goal. Look at Kimmer - she was basically on it for 1 year - until she lost almost 200# and she has kept it off for 4 years now. I just looked at your stats - and aren't you at goal now?
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #422
Blabbermouth!!!

Jayne:

We always have more room ..... I am glad to see you've joined us. Keep us posted on your progress and any questions you may have.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furkid View Post
Cheryl, thanks for the info. I hope all is well with the "lift." I'd love one but don't know when I'll get the guts up to do it

What do you think about a regular martini? I don't even know if I'm going to indulge, but I want to be ready if I HAVE to!! Martini is just vermouth and vodka or gin??

Thanks.

Toby
Martini's are fine my friend - so enjoy! I wouldn't overdo - but don't feel guilty.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furkid View Post
Bella - you are an inspiration!! Good luck Jayne.

ANOTHER question....is anyone eating Sausage?? Bella or Cheryl, or you or did you? I'd like to make one of Linda Sue's recipes, SAUSAGE QUICHE SQUARES - but not sure about the sausage. We've been eating bacon with no problem, but we love sausage!

Thanks,
Toby
I will occasionally have a breakfast sausage and I absolutely love Genoa Salami wrapped around Fontinella cheese. The only thing is I will retain water so I try to limit how much I eat.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
I agree Cheryl, its probably the sodium in them that keeps the water on....
I have found that eating natural foods which means nonprocessed like lunch meats etc is the fastest way to lose, at least for me.

Cheryl, glad to see you again!!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 AM   #426
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
WOE: South Beach
I read the term coldcuts. I am not keen on much. I do like ham so is that ok?
CosmicMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June, 2003
Cheryl, thanks...I'm going to "try" not to indulge period, but if I HAVE to :0 I'll have a martini!! I'll stay away from sausage right now, unless there's no option.

Thanks,
Toby
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redheadmama
Stats: 264.5/251.5/120
Start Date: March 4, 2009
I have a question for the experts! My husband is also on atkin 72 with me, (basically he eats what I give him!) One of the things that he really misses, is a couple of beers once in a while, especially now that BBQ season is almost here. Even though beer is not allowed in Atkins 72, do you think that if he has a couple of lite beers once in a while and stays true to the rest of the diet it would effect his weight loss? Cheryl I know that the diet you posted allowed lite beer. And of course the new Atkins diet allows lite as well.

You guys rock!

Jayne
redheadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #429
Junior LCF Member

One more question for the experts....

I would like to know if you guys think it is possible for me to lose 38 pounds before May 20. Which is my birthday. That is about 60 days from now. What I want for my birthday is to lose 38 pounds which would put me under two hundred for the first time since my oldest son was born almost twelve years ago. Even when I lost the weight the first time on Atkins I could not crack that under 200 pound mark.

I have a significant amount of weight to lose, so that is a factor as well.

So what do you think? Is this a attainable goal if I stay on Atkin's 72 to the letter?

Jayne
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayne,

I think it's possible, but you would have to really be strict. I lost 35 in 9 weeks and havent cheated once, and keep my calories low/exercise 5 times a week.

Good luck!
Bella
Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #431

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
What about ham is that ok to eat when doing this?

I have been lurking in here for ages.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I eat turkey sometimes as a rollup and avoid the salt in ham, but I do certainly like it! I think it's all a matter of moderation with coldcuts so long as there is no sugar in them. Watch the labels!

Bella
Old 03-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #433

I am a good label reader.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #434
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
As long as you are feeling fine and are not bored - you can continue till you reach goal. Look at Kimmer - she was basically on it for 1 year - until she lost almost 200# and she has kept it off for 4 years now. I just looked at your stats - and aren't you at goal now?
I have as of this morn [COLOR="Red"].6 pounds[/COLOR] to first goal. Then I always wait a week to see if it doesnt climb back up.

Thanks for the info. I got weak yesterday really bad, so added salad back into woe. Also bad leg cramping toward morning hrs.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
Start Date: June, 2003
Jayne, I'm sure it your husband has a couple of light beers (in moderation) he'll be okay. He probably will carry some extra weight for a day or two, or he may just stay the same for a day or two, then probably go back to normal losing.

Good luck on your goal!! Whatever you end up being will be better than when you started
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the imput...Bella, I'm really going to give it a try. Your weight loss is amazing! You have done so well.

______
Jayne
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Tee hee ...he is losing quicker than me anyway...so slowing him down works for me. Thanks for imput furkid.

______
Jayne
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pmlfgl
Stats: 149/149/125
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10//15/2007
This sounds great.
Thanks for taking time to post this
pmlfgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Youre welcome Redhot And I wish you all the best!!

Bella
Old 03-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadmama View Post
One more question for the experts....

I would like to know if you guys think it is possible for me to lose 38 pounds before May 20. Which is my birthday. That is about 60 days from now. What I want for my birthday is to lose 38 pounds which would put me under two hundred for the first time since my oldest son was born almost twelve years ago. Even when I lost the weight the first time on Atkins I could not crack that under 200 pound mark.

I have a significant amount of weight to lose, so that is a factor as well.

So what do you think? Is this a attainable goal if I stay on Atkin's 72 to the letter?

Jayne
I think - NO - I should say I KNOW you can do it. My doc told me there was no reason I couldn't lose 25# in 30 days if I didn't cheat once..... Now - do you really want this bad enough? Good luck and keep coming here to post and read.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #441
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Cheryl...I am going to do it!

On another topic, how are you feeling? I read about your surgery. I think...you go girl! When I finish losing this weight, I plan on having a little surgery done, life is too short!
Old 03-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #442

OK...I have lurked long enough.I am doing my weekly shop today. So I am going to do this by the letter. Is that right your doc said you could loose 25lbs in 30 days? Do you think that works better if you have more to loose?

OK....Also I need to eat more spinach. I was told this by the eye doctor. That is was a good source to give my eyes what they need. SO will this be ok for my leafy green sourse. I need about 2 cups daily? Is this correct?

Also I like to have ham, a bit of grated cheddar and mayo all rolled up. IS this ok for the first week of induction? I am trying to come up with ideas of food to eat this first week. I will take any advice or suggestions.
Mimi is my hero Melly is the BOMB!!! PAMI and SHELLY have SHOVELS!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cosmic

Sure, rollups are fine, just watch the sugar in processed meats and read all the labels. I used to get the thin sliced cheeses and use 1/3 of a piece in the rollup or a dab of goats cheese for flavor. That way I space out the calories.

Folks who have alot to lose often do lose more initially- I started at 210 and lost 12 pounds the first 2 weeks. Im now down 36 (lost another lb!) and 14 lbs from premaintainance!

You can do it!!!

Also, are you going to use ******? I highly recommend it, and its free online.

Bella
Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DonnaD40
Stats: 175/159.5/150
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: restart 3/02/07
HI everyone! I havent been around muh do to major remodleling in our house. Its great exercise! I just wanted to report that I have been doing this again since March 2nd. I have lost 15 pounds so far!
I am staying pretty close to induction. I have added cream cheese back perhaps once a week. I am thinking that is what was holding me back in the past. I would do induction & then start making deserts with cream cheese. Then I think I was eatting too much.

This way really does work! Its like taking a diet pill without the side effects.
We went for breakfast today , and I couldnt finish my food. In the past , I would eat it all ,and still fill hungry.
DonnaD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Donna- WTG! 15 pounds since 3/2!!

Bella
Old 03-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #446

Bella thanks for the help. I will keep you post. I did a grocery shop today. I found some sliced beef. SO I didn't get any ham. I just hope I do this right. I have everything printed off and I keep looking for the book on Ebay.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadmama View Post
Thanks for the encouragement Cheryl...I am going to do it!

On another topic, how are you feeling? I read about your surgery. I think...you go girl! When I finish losing this weight, I plan on having a little surgery done, life is too short!

Thank you for asking. The brow is numb and my lower eyelids are still a little separated from the eyeball - but the skin just has to contract back. I am using moist heat and that seems to help. The sun and wind down here doesn't help matters as it really dries out my eyes. I am wearing sunglasses even in the house - I really look ugly and I want to spare my DH from looking at me. The surgery was done last Saturday so what can I expect in one week. This is always the "depressed period of time" after cosmetic surgery. No matter how cute you fix your hair - I still look like a monster. I know it will get better. You should see the black/blue under the eyes - OMG....

Next Wed. I get the staples out of the scalp from the browlift. Some of them are trying to come out on their own and if I had the instrument I'd take them out myself. But I don't.

My DH took a pic two days after the surgery and today I looked at it - and I could see some improvement. That helped my mood somewhat.

What type of surgery would you like to have? I use to work in plastic surgery so I know all about the different procedures. I guess that is why I am a very bad patient - I have NO patience..... I use to preach it all the time to our patients but when it applies to me - it's a different matter.

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 03-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #448
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigan-girl
Hi everyone! Im new here, but not new to atkins. I have been reading on this site for the past few days and u guys are all so inspiring!! This is my story, and i apologize in advance if it may be too long. I started atkins back in 2002. I had just had my 3rd child and gained a ton of weight. I lost 75lbs in about 8-9 months, i was ecstatic!! Then i got pregnant again in 2005 with twins and gained it all back. I said to myself as soon as i have the babies i am going back to atkins full force. Well i started and it wasnt working the same for me, i am still at a heavy weight, i have about 55lbs to lose. I went on this website called Atkins Approach (i thing thats what it was) on their messege boards, and posted my problem and i got blasted saying that i was doing it all wrong, and to try it their way, so i did, and still nothing lost. When i posted to them that i wasnt losing like i did before, they told me that "well that was then, this is now, u will not lose like u did the last time, it will be much slower". They told me to add much more carbs then i did last time, 12-15 net carbs only from vegetables. I never could get that many vegetables down in one day. They were so snide with their remarks and advice. Then i found this site a few days ago, and it is so much different then what i was reading before. This is actually the way i lost weight the first time. Again so sorry for the long post, but i need answers. Is it possible for me to lose this weight as fast as i did the first time, or is it true that i will lose slower this time because its the second time around? My weight now is 220 i would like to be 165-70. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
michigan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Michigangirl :::: Sure you can lose and don't let anyone tell you this time is different! I too get in trouble when I add more carbs back in.

Get back on track - and do the same thing you did when you initially lost the weight. Nothing has changed except manufacturers have a ton of "frankenfoods" on the market now which is absolutely no good if you want to lose the weight and fast. Don't let anyone tell you that you can add all this crap back in and it will work.

I'm so glad you found us. Come here often and we will root you on as best as we can.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigan-girl
Cheryl, thank u so much for the welcome! You are truly an inspiration . Reading ur posts has motivated me to start the right way to do it. I am trying to find the "old" atkins book so i can get educated on what exactly i need to do. I do have alot of brushing up since the last time i lost. Is there anyone else here that went at this a second or third time around and lost just as fast?? And if i got this right, is it supposed to be only 2 cups of salad a day on induction and rest 0 carb? What about mayo and eggs, is there a limit on that a day? I know im knew and already sound like a pest .
michigan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote