Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Addiction Support (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/addiction-support/)
-   -   Binge Eating is stopping today. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/addiction-support/810348-binge-eating-stopping-today.html)

sarahatl 08-19-2013 06:45 AM

Binge Eating is stopping today.

Hi All:
I have posted her several times and for some reason I cannot make it past one week before I binge eat. I was doing great for one week...no binging at all was so proud of myself. On Saturday night I had 3 glasses of wine which is the most I will drink and after that it set off a major binge for two days...I am embarrassed to say...candy, ice cream, pizza..you name it! I know my trigger must be wine which I only drink on Saturday night but that is what seems to trigger me. After a day of binge eating I wake up feeling all sluggish and tired....foggy headed. I figure if I come here for accountability that may help. I need to stay focused. Tomorrow I turn 56 so this has to stop. I know I am hurting my body.. All my life I have been a carb addict. I hope it is not too late to stop. Thank you for listening.

sarahatl 08-21-2013 03:17 AM

Starting day 3....so far so good.

Pamzilla13 08-21-2013 04:04 AM

You can do it! keep busy...and stay away from kitchen. I know how you feel!

Patience 08-21-2013 03:16 PM

Way to go, Sarah!

sarahatl 08-21-2013 04:54 PM

ughhhhhhh...couldn't make it through day 3....what is wrong with me...oh well...start again tomorrow! One of these tries I am going to make it to two weeks!

Patience 08-21-2013 05:02 PM

Don't beat yourself up, just start over, as you say. You will get there.

suzanneyea 08-22-2013 07:48 AM

It took me about ten years of trying every single day. But, I have been binge free for ten years now. Never stop trying! And praying.

sarahatl 08-22-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16569806)
It took me about ten years of trying every single day. But, I have been binge free for ten years now. Never stop trying! And praying.

You are an inspiration!

E.W. 09-04-2013 04:43 AM

Strange the only times I seriously over eat is when I am reading and eating. Haven't done that in 7 days now.

tobelowcarber 09-04-2013 04:46 AM

Sarah- Google Shangri La Diet. It has helped me tremendously!

kjwalsh 10-02-2013 10:23 PM

Sarah, we are a lot alike in that I can't go a few days w/o binging! I'm doing better this week and this board helps a LOT!
I agree with Bella ~ don't give up ~

Hang in there! :hiya:

ELL 10-06-2013 11:37 AM

i know my binging is very hormonal
two weeks i am so good and then boom two weeks i am weak and dive right in

sarahatl 10-06-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwalsh (Post 16628185)
Sarah, we are a lot alike in that I can't go a few days w/o binging! I'm doing better this week and this board helps a LOT!
I agree with Bella ~ don't give up ~

Hang in there! :hiya:

Thank you....I am still trying to get through a week. I think I may need to rely on prayer more.....it starts to get me depressed after a while.

sarahatl 10-06-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16589063)
Sarah- Google Shangri La Diet. It has helped me tremendously!

I read about this....interesting. How long did you go on this? Did you drink the sugar/oil water? How long did it take for the cravings to go away? I will look into it more. Thank you!

tobelowcarber 10-07-2013 03:59 AM

Sarah- well, I did great on it first month. My first PMS was amazing ( I only binge during PMS). My last PMS was not that great though but it could be because TOM was more delayed than normally, so I did binge for few days :sad: I was taking 2 tbl of ghee a day in 2 hr flavorless window. Go to SLD forum to get more detailed info.

kjwalsh 10-12-2013 04:32 AM

I had a bad week but I know it's stress ~ had to have a medical procedure done. So now it's over and my health is good and it's a new day!!

Wish me luck on being binge free one day at a time!

Beeb 04-14-2014 01:44 PM

Hi! I'm a fellow binger and needed to figure out what it was about food that made me want to just eat and eat, all day long. A poster on another site said her husband has the same problem and when she asked him about it this is what he said:

"It's the TASTE of the food I want, not the food itself! I eat because of the taste, not because I'm hungry!"

This was an Epiphany moment for me and since I have read this one little sentence it has changed my thinking! I use to ask myself, sometimes a million times a day if I was hungry! Are you hungry, do you want to eat? Most times I was not hungry but wanted something to eat and this was something I just couldn't understand! I thought I was making myself eat because it was breakfast/lunch/dinner or because it was what I should be doing because of triggers like stress, being tired, being bored, etc.

Now I totally get it! That something was just the "taste" of food, any food and not that I really needed food! I can't really explain what went off in my head because of what this man said but it has made me look at my relationship with food in a totally different way! :jumpjoy:

kjwalsh 04-16-2014 03:37 AM

:goodpost:

You couldn't have posted this at a better time. I've been eating constantly and I believe that is exactly the reason, for taste. I know I have to figure out a way to stop myself.

:dunno: