Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Addiction Support
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Valarie_love
I screwed up....

Hi ladies, I have never posted here before but suddenly find myself in dire need of some kinda support. A little background..... 3 weeks ago I promised my bf to stay sober ad was good till now. My bday was the other day and I felt like I could enjoy some drinks (hey im 27 now gotta have on last hurrah). I woke up the next day and I guess you could say I was still in "party mode" drank again...I knew it was time to quit cos I was gettin crazy and messing up my promises. Day 3 I was severely tempted and actually started googling booze but i told myself no. And stayed sober. My bf comes home and sees on the computer I'd been lookin at booze andd immediately accuses me for being drunk. We had a big argument . a lot was said. including he Al...word. Hes never called me that. I guess now I know how he feels. Now we are not even on talking terms. Im tryna explain to him I actually overcame the temptation to keep drinking but it falls on deaf ears. Now, Im sad and alone. I dont really have any girlfriends I can call, and just feel like crap. Cosidering a drink now seeing as im already labelled a boozer. If anyones out there I'd love some support.
Valarie_love is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Val, the best thing to do is to just not drink today. BF will get over it if he sees you not drinking in the future. If you really have a drinking problem, however you want to define it, it is best to stop. And never use alchohol as a reward. It can be hard to stop, as I suppose you know, but you did it for three weeks. You've learned what it takes to do it again. Try not to drink today and tomorrow you will be so glad. You will only feel worse if you drink.

Don't hesitate to post here anytime you need support. Hugs.

Last edited by Patience; 07-19-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Valerie_Lve, perhaps the best thing might be to get to an aa meeting. Go to six of them. Don't make up your mind right away. Talk to some women there. Get some phone numbers. Go for coffee. And meet some female friends who will be there for you and help you stay sober.

The drinking is progressive and usually doesn't get better without total abstinence from it. But just like the food, it is nearly impossible to give it up without replacing it with something else. The support you are looking for can come from aa.

My daughter nearly died from it in May. On the scale they measure the alcohol in your blood, intoxicated in 80, dead is 450, she was 300. Four days were a black out. No recollection. I went to aa out of desperation. A woman from there met me at the hospital and talked with her. She became her sponsor and two months later, my DD is sober, has a job and is taking a college course at night school. She goes to aa meetings, speaks with her sponsor everyday and has met some wonderful sober women.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Prayers for you.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: haferchamp
Start Date: 12/15/12
I too encourage you to find some AA mtg in your area. They totally changed my life 18 years ago. I was a daily drinker for many years and felt like I was just a social drinker having fun with my friends. I couldn't see the havoc I was creating in my life while I was in the midst of alcoholism but can look back now and boy was I ever! The support from meetings is tremendous and the fellowship is priceless! Give it a good honest try for a few months before you decide if it's for you or not. You don't have to walk this path alone!
haferchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
On 8/26 I will celebrate 16 years of sobriety. I never could have gotten sober and stayed sober for almost 16 yrs with out AA. I hope you will finding a meeting near you if you haven't already.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote