Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Addiction Support
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Still AF but feeling angry and resentful today.
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #302

Talked to unemployment and churches are exempt from paying it so I'm not getting it. This just gets better and better.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
try to stay strong two things will get better I know it doesn't seem like that and sometimes the bad can last a long time but it will get better just try to make it through today
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #304

Thanks Michelle. I'm trying and still AF. It's hard.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I had a glass of prosecco while visiting my daughter. Back to ground zero for me. Not much, but I've got to record it -- otherwise the slippery slope may beckon. I am not feeling any cravings, so keeping fingers crossed that it was just a blip. I think I was just tired and it is easy to cave when fatigued. I hope there were no other stumbles among us.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #306

I stumbled but it's ok. It's a very rough time right now. I am not drinking "drinks" but I did do a few shots with my dh. At least it was controlled and I will stop now again.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm still AF. Trying to keep this train going.

I think yall being aware of what is going on with alcohol is a huge step and acknowledging it is major. You are doing the right thing by posting it and not keeping it a secret. You guys can do this. I'm still just taking it one day at a time.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Very proud of you Michelle! I am still in the fight.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Loribelle
Stats: 200/197.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2013
Hello ladies, my name is Lori. I started Atkins on Monday. I did Atkins about 10 years ago and lost about 30 lbs. It was really hard for me to stick with low carbs because of my drinking. After several drinks (well, many drinks) I would start the binge eating. Always carbs! I got divorced about a year and half ago and put on 25 more lbs, drinking everyday. I drowned my pain with the alcohol and totally isolated myself from the world. My only pleasure was my food. This coming Oct. 3rd, I will be sober for 4 months. I knew I needed to lose weight, but getting sober was more important. I have reached a point where I think I can commit to both processes. I am happy to find others that are working toward both goals of being sober and a healthy weight. I hope we can all help each other along the journey. Lori

Last edited by Loribelle; 09-25-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Loribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Welcome, Lori. Hop on board.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Lori. First congrats on 4 months sober! That sounds like me. The food and alcohol have always been my problem. I had re-gained about 60lbs last winter because of my drinking and binge eating and it was a lot of carbs. It was so hard for me to get back on track this time, but finally I stopped the drinking for now, I'm also 4 months sober. I lost about 35lbs of what I put back on, but the losing is slow this time because Im more focused on staying away from alcohol. Im not eating carbs, but eating too much food in general.

I also stopped smoking at the same time which is really what gets me with food.

I'm so glad you joined us.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Loribelle
Stats: 200/197.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2013
Thank you for the welcome Ms Woods and Mary Mary! I am doing good, but have to stop getting on the scales everyday! If I don't lose, I get discouraged. Not drinking is my main objective, but I don't think about that all the time. However, I do think about food all the time! I want to eat even when I am not hungry. I have cut out all sugar, diet drinks and down to one cup of coffee. I am doing the Atkins Induction and still have some pretty major cravings...I keep telling myself that if I can quit drinking, I can get past these cravings. I am woman, hear me Roar! HA HA I am hoping that a few more days of the induction and the sugar cravings will leave me. So happy for you Ms. Woods. It feels good to be alcohol free. Life is simpler for me. I don't have to try to remember what I do and say! I struggle mostly with knowing I need to exercise and just not wanting to! Anybody else have that battle?
Loribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Nice to have you join us, Lori. Like you, not drinking is my first goal. It seems to be the key for my moderate success in losing weight and inches . . . . not to mention a number of other good things from not drinking. Yes if you can white knuckle the eating for a bit longer you will likely find the sugar cravings will depart. I find it's better to avoid artificial sweetners as well, but that's not true of everyone and that's something to ditch down the road if they keep sugar craving alive.

Exercise is been down my list of priorities. I am not opposed to exercise, have been a serious exerciser in years past, and always want to up my exercise a bit. However, one thing I've been picking up from this forum over the last six months, is that a lot of exercise is not essential to weight loss. Sounds counter - intuitive, but I've come to believe this (although lots of individual variation and opionion on this). I am amazed that I losing weight steadily despite being in my early 60s with far less intensive exercise than in the past. I do strive to walk at least 30 minutes every day. So if you are struggling about exercise you can likely give your self a guilt-break and pick up the pace slowly, keeping your first focus on not drinking and then eating.

Last edited by Patience; 09-27-2013 at 05:39 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, I have to agree with Bella. I stay away from alcohol in liquid or solid (sugar + grains) forms. I never did much moving until last year and then just walking. I am in great health for 65 yrs old
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Just checking in with everyone. How everyone doing?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing fine, Michelle. No cravings for the dreaded drink at all.
My weight is up a bit - trying not to be bummed about that, as I know it is just a blip as I've been pretty much on plan.

How are things going with you?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Still having some cravings for alcohol but haven't caved yet. (knock on wood & fingers crossed).

Other than that, just chugging along. Not really doing too much weight loss wise, but it's going down, very very slowly.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #318

I waver on and off. I am not drinking everyday, only a bit on the weekends and I am under extreme stress due to my job loss, my oldest withdrew from college and other stuff. I am very aware of what I'm doing and won't go overboard. My biggest concern was drinking too much, seems like once I start, it's extremely hard to stop. I am not going to do that anymore. I just feel like it's needed at this time. Maybe that is a copp-out(sp?) but it is what it is.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

So anyways, I hit my 5 month mark yesterday. 5 months alcohol free. That's crazy.

I'm going to get my tattoos today. Will be there from 3-12 at least. We booked the whole day with our artist. I'm pretty excited, except I know my ankle/foot is going to hurt. Getting one fixed. I got my bf's initials tattooed on my ankle, pretty big, at least 8-9 years ago. I hate the damn thing lol. Hopefully he can do something really nice with it.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #320

My weight loss is going pretty well, even with the controlled alcohol. I finally hit Onederland and that's pretty exciting. I have now lost 106 pounds since December.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

That weight loss is fantastic Chewie!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #322
Big Yapper!!!!

Still AF here but I'm having a bad day (emotionally). Not in a good place today. Not really thinking much about drinking but I do want to just get in bed and shut all the lights off and be left alone.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, sorry to hear you are a bit down, but glad to hear the drinking bug is not biting. I can be challenged to deal with the emotions without drinking, so I can relate to wanting to jump into bed and shut out the world. In fact, I have done that more than once. I am also a bit affected by signs of winter, colder house, fewer hours of sunlight, etc.

I was stressed this week, but I have passed the peak. Wish I didn't react, but I do and have to cope without finding comfort in food or drink. I am also NOT losing weight, and scale shows movement upwards in fact. I know (hope!) it's not real gain, so I need to remain resolute and not get discouraged. Someone here said, I can't control the scale, but I can control what goes in my mouth. My drinking urges are not surfacing, thank goodness.

Let's all be strong and have a good Friday.

Last edited by Patience; 10-18-2013 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: can't write, can't spell
Old 10-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone, i am still AF too. When I get down, I take what I call a bedroom slipper day. That't where I am just lazy, and can lay in bed or go for a walk but just not have to be responsible for anyone else except me. I focus on pampering ,hself. On one such mental health day from work I called up and order a massage then trotted down and let them rub rub rub for 90 minutes. I had promised myself one when I dropped below 200 lbs and hadn't done it. So that helped lift my spirits and rub some of the bad feelings out of ,y system. I did take care of fixing my low carb meals so food wasn't an issue.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds awesome Mary. I'm jealous. I need a mental health day. I had a wee bit of a break down this weekend, which I knew was coming. I've been going and going since late May, constant going, can't shut down. It caught up with me yesterday and I just cried and cried. But I got over it, I'm better today, still going and fighting the good fight.

My tattoo on my food got messed up so I'm going to have to get a touch up anyways, so back in the gym for me. I just cannot take feeling frumpy.

I thought I posted pictures in here of my tattoos I got. I guess I didn't. I'll go grab a copy from the PG.

I started saving money for these the day I stopped drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Super quick drop by to post pictures. I'll post more pics and stuff later but it's all I have time for at the moment.

I ended up being in the chair from about 4pm-2:30am. The doll was really painful, just because there are so many colors and he had to go over raw skin over and over and over. I almost passed out. Thankfully at the end, he put some cream on it that numbs raw skin and I didn't have to feel the rest.

I really was scared to get the locket on my ankle bone but it wasn't too bad. I mean it hurt don't get me wrong, but I didn't cry lol.

Last edited by MsWoods; 10-21-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

What are the significance of the locket and doll? There must be a story behind this.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Well with a month without drinking, I had some wine this week at social events.
Yes two events. Looking back, I sort of had it in my wee brain BEFORE hand that a glass of white would be just the thing. Then red. Not too much, but didn't do a good thing for me. I was sluggish the next day. I need to nip (maybe not the best word) this in the bud, because if not the holidays may just become a big excuse, and I will tumble down the slippery slope. I really don't want to start gaining weight nor returning to the alco fog. I maybe need a stern talking to and a swift kick to the backside.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
What are the significance of the locket and doll? There must be a story behind this.
No I just like them.

I had the initials on my ankle for about 10 years and I don't like it. I added the locket to give it something else, make it better.

The doll I found on Pinterest and loved it, so I had to make it a tattoo.

Bella-I've been toying with the idea of trying to have a few drinks around the holidays, but it scares me a lot. I would love to be one of those regular people that can have a couple drinks and be satisfied.

Right now I'm trying to make it through Halloween, which I haven't thought much about drinking to be honest.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think I'll ever be just a casual drinker. I mean I CAN stop at one or two, but it really doesn't do much for me. I think I am really wanting the buzz or the temporary release. Now it scares me too. I don't want to backslide to where I was last year. It's just not worth it. I used to have fun drinking with the buds, but those days are not coming back to me. I am less concerned about the wee bit I drank last week than how the worm creeps into my head and it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

You should be really proud of how well you are doing, Michelle. Do you have a costume for Halloween to go with those new tats?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

How are you bella?

Yeah I painted my face. It's in my avatar to the left lol.

I made it through my first Halloween ever (as an adult, 18+) without drinking. I'm really proud of myself. I took my friends kids trick or treating and by the time I got home I was wiped out.

I always heard changing your habbits when you drank will help you not think about it at certain times/events.

I still think I do plan on trying to drink a little at Christmas. Thats 2months away, so we will see.