Hello everyone. Congrats!
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi MaryMary, so we meet again. A week down and I'm still sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a proud accomplishment and it was hard at times but I with God's grace, I made it.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Congrats, Chewie!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #274

Hi friends. I made it through a week. Woohoo. The hardest day/night for me was Wednesday--day #3. I was tempted over the weekend but not as much as that day.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Great job Chewie!

I havent been around because my internet at work is off right now due to moving offices and I just barley got my laptops fixed so I can use them at home, so here I am! Still AF.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Great job Chewie!

I havent been around because my internet at work is off right now due to moving offices and I just barley got my laptops fixed so I can use them at home, so here I am! Still AF.
Great job. Welcome back.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #277

Wow, everyone must be doing well??? I hope. It's sure been quiet here. I'm still doing well and sober. My second weekend is coming up. No problem.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Bella reporting in . . . doing fine.

I must admit to fleeting thoughts of drinking this week . . . I wonder if this is still an effect of my little stumble four weeks back. I am able to recognize the thoughts and talk my way out of them . . . "ok I could do that but I would drink the bottle of wine way too fast and any good feeling would be very short lived and I would later feel much worse . . " blah blah blah . . . . "And I would also stall my weight loss, or even worse . . ."

I am good for the weekend . . . it helps to come here and post!

Stay strong friends!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Bella I have also been having thoughts of alcohol this week. But Monday will be 4 months AF so I'm trying to focus on that.

Chewie I'm so proud of you, the early stages are the hardest, although it's always a struggle.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #280

Wow, last night was tough. I don't know why but I got super anxious and just didn't know what to do with myself. I overate but stayed away from the alcohol. I did log in every bite so I know what I did and I knew it as I was doing it. What is wrong with me? GRRRRR This is hard. Sigh.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Chewie!

I relate to and recognize that feeling of anxiety. I try my best to recognize it for what it is (as you have done), and do something to focus my mind on something other than drinking to relieve it. In my experience, drinking - far from relieving the anxiety - ultimately increases it. I think you are wise to have substituted eating for drinking. It's hard to address issues with food AND drinking, but more me, and perhaps you, not drinking takes priority. I believe that the tools that we learn to help us not drink can be used in our struggle with food too. Of course, everyone is different, but what you report, Chewie, resonates with me.

It's Saturday -- a good day to stay on plan.

Last edited by Patience; 09-07-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree. Not drinking takes priority over over-eating. That's something I've been dealing with myself. I stopped smoking so when I stopped drinking so it's been really hard for me.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

You guys should be really proud of your committment to sobriety! As time goes on, it won't be the first thing on your mind. But I know for me there was a time when life threw me a curve ball, my first reaction to life was to have a drink or something sweet & carby. Today, I still think of food, but look to treating myself with something unusual. Today I bought a package of chicken hearts at an Asian market and a roasted duck, along with cactus, baby bok choi, long skinny eggplants and cousa (a middle eastern zucchini). I feel like I will eat like a queen this week.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #284

Good morning. Well, as I suspected, dh was too tired to go on our date night. We stayed home and watched college football. Not a big deal really. was a little disappointed but I stayed strong. Hope you all are too.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

I did ok this weekend. No cravings for alcohol. My weight is steady at 163. Will be great to be in the 150s, probably not until October at the earliest though, but it will come if I stay on plan. I am visiting my vegetarian daughter next week, and staying in her house, so I need to think a bit about food. Eggs for breakfast for sure. Tomorrow night out with friends at an Indian restaurant. I wanted to say no so I didn't have to face carby (although wonderfully) tasty cuisine. But I looked at the menu and found a few things that I can deal with. A couple of side dishes will suffice.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #286

Hi. Made it through the weekend. And FINALLY I hit the 100 lb lost goal. I really believe cutting out the alcohol made a big difference.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Something a previous poster said, which resonated with me, is that "alchohol is the jet fuel of all sugars." I believe its elimination is the key to my weight loss, too.

Last edited by Patience; 09-09-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Great job Bella! I have actually never had Indian food, but it sounds really good.

Congrats Chewie! That's amazing. 100lbs and still AF!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #289

I was just let go from my job of almost 6 years, due to financial problems. I work at a church and they are at a negative 31K for their budget. My job was axed. This is going to make things much more difficult.

Plus my ds18===is not happy with going to college, ended up dropping a class and now only has 6 credits. He needs 15 to keep his scholarship. My dh is going to flip.

Please pray for our family and my sobriety. I am not feeling very strong right now.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear about the rough patch, Chewie.
Focus on not drinking . . . it may be tempting but it will not help.

I did ok at the Indian restaurant. I ordered spnach paneer and a low carb appearing eggplant side, with a yogurt cucumber sauce. I likely went over my carb limit that day (although I shared my sides), but didn't do too much damage as I am down a pound today. (Gosh that is a great feeling, as much as I preach not focusing too much on the scale). My three friends each ordered an alcoholic drink, but I didn't. I thought about it, though. They are not big drinkers . . . they are satisfied with one drink, and I could have done one but I knew the one would really not leave me satisfied.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Chewie. I'll pray for you. Please know that this is the Lord testing you, things will get better. I know a lot of times it doesnt seem like they will, but they will. You can get through this. Come post as often as you need to. I'll try to check in more, I've just been so busy with work.

I'm doing ok on alcohol, but my eating isn't where I want it. I'm trying to get that under control. Not carby, but just fast crap, lots of pork rinds and nuts.

Bella- That is my dilemma. I have thought about having 1-2 drinks if I was out somewhere, but I know that would leave me wanting more. I never drank to be social, I drank to get trashed, otherwise, what's the point? I know that's an alcoholic mindset, but that's how I think about it.

I'm starting to become more conflicted about alcohol since October is getting here. It's my favorite month. Love halloween. I always drink and watch horror movies, it's a tradition. Not a good one, but it's been coming in my mind a lot. For today, I will not drink.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #292

Thanks for the support and understanding. Well, I made it with no alcohol although definitely had many tears. I knew it would only make me feel worse if I blew it so I didn't. I stuck to sf iced tea and that was that. For today I will not drink too.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #293

Hi friends. I am still af. PTL!!! It is hard. I am sad and feeling sorry for myself. Trying not to but after being loyal and going above and beyond for almost 6 years at that job, I feel used and abused. Kwim?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

I am 5 weeks past my last drink so my drinking thoughts are fewer and further between.

Michelle try to not think too much right now about your association of Halloween and drinking. Deal with when it comes . . . . you may find that you are not so eager to give up on your accomplishment WHEN THE TIME COMES. I managed to string together three thanksgivings/christmas's/new years in a row without drinking -- surprising no one more than myself. The string didn't hold, but still I learned that I can do it and feel good about it. I think the associations of certain times with drinking can be a problem for some of us . . . . no thanks to advertising! Quaffing down a cold beer on a hot summer day is one I had to work to break, but now I really don't give it much of a thought.

I know what you mean, chewie. It's ok to feel those feelings, I think it's just what we go through as human beings, but at some point let them go so they don't drag you down.

Last edited by Patience; 09-14-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Old 09-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #295

I'm feeling very down today and I still haven't told dh about ds18 and school. That is a heavy burden. I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, do you think maybe you are assuming too of the load about your son? He has two parents afterall. Plus my feeling is that many 18 year olds are just not ready for college. I understand that it is aggravating that he is squandering a scholarship, but maybe it is time for him to get a job and after a year, or maybe more he will value college more. That has been the case with one of my children, and I've seen it happen quite a bit with others. We ultimately can't really control what our children do. Maybe you should just accept that one, and ask your son to tell your husband. Then you've whittled down your worries to the loss of the job -- which I agree is a serious one. You don't need to take on all the worries of the work

Try to hold onto no drinking, just focus a day at a time or even an hour or 5 minutes at a time Hugs.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewie, Bella has a good idea. Your son is an adult, and as such needs to take responsibility for his decision. He chose to drop put, have him now tell his dad and you his plans for taking responsibility for supporting himself. With only two courses, he should be paying rent. When I was his age, a very long time ago, in 1966, I went to nigh school took two courses, worked full time during the day, and paid my mom $10 a week rent. Rents were about $125 for a 3 bedroom apt then so it was reasonable. She put the money in a savings account with both our names. She was a single mom as my dad died when I was 10. DS is a big boy. My DS at that age dropped out of college after one semester, got a job and eventually saved to travel around the country with his backpack on a breyhound bus when he was 21, then backpacked across Europe later that hear. It was an experience of a lifetime. He eventually got a job and moved to Denver all the way from NH. We missed him but I told him it was s life. Today he is married with four little boys and #5 on the way, working as a parole officer after having spent 4 years as a police officer. At 30 he returned to college, worked full time, went to school full time, with a very supportive wife. He has earned his Master's degree and is studying Arabic at night school now. He is hard working but at 18 or -9, he just wasn't ready. It is not the end of the world for your DS. Let go and trust that God has a plan for your DS and it is not your plan. Step back and let this glorious plan unfold. Usually, God's plan for us is far better than anything we could have imagined.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #298

Good morning. I am still alcohol FREE.

Well about ds and school, I was talking on the phone to my bff and thought dh was in the shower. He wasn't--lol, ooops. He had all day to process it, kept quiet and then last night we talked. He spent the day watching football with ds18 and had a very hard time not talking to him about it. It just wasn't the time plus he didn't really know the whole story. Now he does. DS18 is off tonight---oh joy, so we'll be having a family discussion.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #299

After a few phone calls and research it looks like my ds18 will retain his scholarship after we jump through some hoops. Going to his dr tomorrow---ADD issue which I truly believe is part of the problem. Then we have oodles of forms to submit to put the scholarship on hold for up to a year. We will be looking into community college next. I think the smaller classes will be better for him as does he.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

That's good news! Chewie!