Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Addiction Support
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Night Eating Syndrome Or NES!

Yup, this is what I have, confirmed by a profession today! It's stinks and I'm now using tools she gave me to work at getting my head back to a "normal" way of eating. I don't wake up in the middle of the night to eat, which is the only part of this syndrome I don't have, but all the rest of the "symptoms" I have including I just continue to eat everything in sight from dinner on!

I ate breakfast this morning, something I hardly ever do but she said this is the start of being able to stop eating after my dinner. I need to get my calories in during the day so I'm not hungry at night or think I should be eating at night because I haven't eaten much during the day. After dinner time is the trouble time and when my non-stop eating starts so if I can set a goal to stop eating at 8 PM and have breakfast instead of waiting to eat until I'm hungry (left over behavior from doing IF WOE with very low calorie days) then I should be good to keep moving toward a goal of not eating/binging anymore after dinner.

I would love to get to the point where I can have one snack in the evening before 8 PM and be happy and full like most people are! I'm determined to beat this emotional and mental issue! I know it will help me to lose weight, also because I won't be overeating and then going to bed! Did you know that is how Sumo wrestlers eat to stay as large as they need to be?!

Anyone here have this problem? If so what have you done to try to get pass it and what tools work the best for you? I'm throwing out all the "salty snacks" that are triggers for me and will only have fruit, or some other healthy snack right before 8 PM. I'm aiming toward just 1 snack but I'm giving myself a little wiggle room to work up to this. Stopping eating at 8 is a good start for me!

Come join me on this thread and maybe we can lend a hand to each other to keep this eating disorder monster at bay!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-11-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi Linda
You know I don't have the answers, but just wanted to say I am happy you found someone to help you sort it out. I hope it goes well. Will you continue to see the professional for a while?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi Linda
You know I don't have the answers, but just wanted to say I am happy you found someone to help you sort it out. I hope it goes well. Will you continue to see the professional for a while?
Hey Jean! Yes, I see her again in 2 weeks, or sooner if I need to. She is wonderful, very kind and understanding and gave me some good tools to help!

I posted this thread on the main lobby, too. It seems there are a few of us NESers out here!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hello, I thought that this NES was eating while you're sleeping, but what you are describing, I used to do. I would skip breakfast and once I started eating, it picked up speed as the day wore on. I didn't sleep well because I ate late. I also found out that by eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, I didn't need to eat at night. My weight ballooned up to 376 lbs in 2001 and hovers around 160 lbs now, not bad for a 65 yr old grandma.

I will admit that some nights I don't have dinner now until 7:30 or 8 pm but it is my third meal. It is when I get home from work. Beakfast for me is at 6-6:30 in the morning Mon-Fri and 7:30-8 on the weekend. Lunch is between 1-2 and then dinner on the weekend is at 6-6:30. I go to sleep usually by 11 pm except on the weekends and you know where I am right now, on my IPad laying in bed with the TV on muted with closed captioning.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote