Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Not doing well here at all. My wallet got stolen yesterday and it stressed me out a lot and I drank A LOT last night
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Sorry to hear that your wallet got stolen - that is so stressful! Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Not really. Someone found it in a neighborhood and turned it in to the police department in the town beside us (it's basically the same town but not if that makes sense). Everything was gone except 1 of my ID's (I had 2) and a couple cards like Walgreens and Gamestop but everything else was gone. They told me to come to my town and make a police report and the police station here basically told me F off because they won't even try to get any finger prints. I hate that. The only thing the cops in this town are good for is giving tickets. Pisses me off. I'm not happy right now.

My whole pay check was in it (already cashed)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rndiane
Stats: 215/ 175/size8-10
Start Date: Jan 22,2013 3rd time
First day of induction and 1 day AF....
rndiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins/ lots of veggies
Start Date: 1/2/13
Michelle, that sucks. I'm sorry...I hate stupid people.
leaving30something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

I start school tomorrow so between work school and the family probably won't have much time for posting and hopefully even less for drinking! I'm on a every other day pattern and basically just hoping to have further stretches still! I definately scrounge for snacks when drinking so i just need to fill that void!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

WTG - rndiane - you can do this!

Leaving39something - good luck at schol. I was thinking about taking some accounting classes in the summer, keep my brain busy!

Michelle - sorry to hear everything was gone out of your wallet. I hate a thief!

Well good luck today ladies!

BTW - Day 3 AF for me, I'm good during the week but Friday and Saturday - that's another story!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks guys. It's been alot of drama. I ended up not getting even a police report done because they don't care. Not shocking. I'm over it now and trying to move on. I'm just going to start locking my office door when I even go to the bathroom My parents let me borrow some money so I'm doing alright I guess. Had to shut all my bank accounts and credit cards down so I don't even have 1 bank account right now. I have to go sometime today and re-open one and get to the social security office. At least I got my driver licence back.

I also drank so much Monday night I was really in a bad place yesterday and I just decided enough. I just can't drink. I have no control. So I'm really going to try to get it together.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: itsmejessica
Start Date: restart DEC 2013
I was AF 2 days that's my longest so far. Trying to make it a longer. I'll keep trying. Good luck to everyone.
itsmejessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeserday when I went to open a new bank account they told me someone was trying to use my card. I called all my other cards and they said they have been trying to use those as well. I finally was able to get the police to come out and make a report and they are going to try to get video feeds from the gas stations this person has been trying to use my cards at. He also tried to take fingerprints (was not successful) from some of my things. I'm just happy he tried. That's all I was asking for.

I've still got it stuck in my head I'm done, no drinking I just can't. So today is day 3 for me. Why oh why, but I decided it would be a good idea to stop smoking at the same time. Today is day 1. I don't smoke cigarettes I smoke black n mild cigars. Just as bad I guess. Well since I been sick with this ear infection and had this lump on my neck, I've been terrified it's cancer. I'm going back to the Dr. at 11:30 just so they can reassure me it's a lymph node, however, this whole thing has scared me just enough to try to stop smoking.

So.......no alcohol..............no smoking...........no food because I'm bored...............what's life worth livin?

I will never. NEVER. Give up my coffee. You will have to pry it from my warm/cold dead hands. (Ya know, cuz coffee's warm) (I'm trying to stay in good spirits here with everything that's going on)

Last edited by MsWoods; 01-24-2013 at 08:03 AM..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 207/207/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: August 2013
Hi there - just saw this thread and decided to join. I want to stop drinking - it sounds so scary to say that but I just feel like I'm on a slippery slope. I love wine and wine loves me. I really wish wine was NOT alcoholic. I love the taste of it and there are so many foods I feel like just don't taste right without a good red to go with like a ribeye. I mean like how are you supposed to eat seafood without a crisp white wine??? And I'm kind of a wine snob. I'm real picky and I know what I like. Most of the local wine stores know me as I love to talk about wine almost as much as I love to drink it. But when I drink wine I totally overeat and wine aggravates my reflux so badly. I'm terrified that my recurring reflux is going to turn into something terrible as my father died fairly young (42) from esophageal cancer. But we'll see. I want to get active on a board and be accountable more so I'm giving it a shot here.

Glad to meet everyone!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Ms. Queen and good luck on your journey.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome MSQueen.

Happy Friday all.

I'm on day 4 AF. Day 2 smoke free but I can't have 2 siggys so Ima just write that in there.

So yeah, about the coffee, um, I got on a new anti biotic yesterday after the doctor and it says to severely limit caffeine intake, to me that means none. I drink a lot of coffee. I was not a happy camper yesterday when I found out. Thank goodness I discovered chia fresca drinks yesterday or I woulda lost it lol. They are keeping me sane for now. I had 1 decaff coffee today and eh. Better than nothing I guess.

Alchohol is the farthest thing from my mind. I have it set in my head for now, I just cannot drink it. Just have to keep telling myself that.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Last edited by MsWoods; 01-25-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

If you don't mind me asking, what antibiotic is that??? never heard of one where they said to severely limit your caffeine. Even the newer ones I didn't know they made you do that.

Made it thru Day 1, no alcohol. But it's Friday. TGIF and all that. And here where I live, we have something called Gasparilla which is just an excuse for everyone to get drunk at the same time but I have felt so good today. I just want to be really healthy. I love low carb and when I stick to it, I do so well. I whole heartedly believe in a way of eating that lets you eat as much steak and bacon as you can handle.

So here's to making it through another day.

Happy Friday everyone!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Queen It's called Ciprofloxacin or something like that.

Try to stay strong. My bf and I are aggrevated at each other, not really at each other just aggrevated in general and it will end up being taken out on each other and my vices are null so idk what to do today. I'm at a high limit of aggrevation.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Cipro is a pretty old school antibiotic Never heard the caffeine thing tho. Wonder if the caffeine keeps the med from being absorbed into the blood stream as completely? IDK.

Girly me came out and I painted my nails with a nice thick glittery polish that should take a while to dry so that should pre-occupy me for a while. I'm trying to think of different things to do on a friday afternoon/evening to keep from missing/thinking about what I normally do on a friday at this time. So we'll see how long that works.

Sorry about your BF. I hate when there is tension between my girlfriends and I or between my husband and I. I'd rather just get it out and over with!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/170/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
Happy Friday ladies, we've made it through the week (hope your weekend will improve over your week Judy and Michelle). Looking forward to a little R&R, even though house is trashed, dishes overflowing in sink, and kids dentist appt. at 9:30 tomorrow (what the heck was I thinking when I scheduled them??). As far as my progress, I guess I'm happy if I get through evenings with just one drink. I sure wish I had a booze "off" button!
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I have been not so good with the drinking either. Idk why I don't have an excuse. After having the wine after my class Wednesday and then a littleness Thursday I noticed I was down 3 more pounds (been so good Lc wise) so I used that to say great I CAN drink and lose, so I drank again last night (rum and diet) and now am up 2 lbs. my plan was to be good the rest of weekend but I am already thinking I could go for a nice white wine And cooking a nice meal tonight. And it's only 1045 am! But it's so cold and it seems like it would be a nice event. This is my problem, I see food and drinking as an activity.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone. I made it through day 2. I hate saying it like that. But being the slightly OCD person that I am, my thoughts kept swinging back and forth today (and yesterday) wondering is it reasonable to truly abstain for 30 days (what does that really prove???) and whether or not have a "planned" evening of reasonable alcoholic consumption is ok. Or is that just good ole rationalism for ya? When I first started low carbing, I did really well. I don't think I had any alcohol at all. Then after a while, I started getting back into my red wine (I really LOVE a good Spanish tempranillo or garnacha). I still kept losing. We have an incredibly wonderful cheese shop down the street from where I live and I bought some very good sharp aged gouda's and aged manchego's (I like 'em tart!) and would have that with my red wine when watching a movie. The cheeses have no carb's (I checked). And I still did well. Things kinda went downhill when I added in my beloved swedish wasa crackers. When I drink wine I feel like I lose the ability to get full. I eat waaaaay too much when I drink so I can't say with enough certainty that it is *just* the alcohol that packs on the weight for me

With all that said, if I PLANNED it and said ok, tonight I won't drink more than 3/4 of a bottle of wine and I'll only eat my cheeses, no carbs, i.e. no wasa crackers, and I guess if I keep in mind that this night is going to be my planned night of alcohol and none during the week, will that work? Or does this sound like a bunch of rambling rationalism???

I have really tried to plan this weekend for the week. Buying and stocking up on good healthy low carb foods. I'm trying to eliminate as many processed foods from my diet as possible. I guess you could say cheese is processed but this is far from the cheese you buy in the store. A lot of it is made in small batches by little independent farmers. And I get so full when I eat it.

I don't know. I know that I enjoy wine and I enjoy it more than any other alcohol. I tried to do the low carb thing like having a flavored vodka with fresca or something but I always end up coming back to wine. It just feels like there ought to be a happy compromise somewhere. Thoughts?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I love wine too. When I first restarted on after New Years I knew I couldn't totally give up alcohol but was told wine was the problem and I have to admit I have definately put on weight over the last few years as my love of wine has developed. But it's so confusing. Some say some is a good diet choice but I think that is probably only true if you can stick to a glass or two. I'm like you msqueens as far as the food with wine. It just goes so well I am a huge fan of wine and cheese and my absolute favorite is to combine salty foods like kettle chips. I have up wine for about 3 weeks I did see results but not huge results. One thing I said to myself when I started this was I would give myself a chip and wine day every now an then. I figure that is not a horrible cheat, it's not like having a sugary cheat. Anyway this worked for me when I quit smoking years ago. If I said I could never have it again I always found some upcoming event to put off quitting. But then I said stop buying them if you go out its ok to have one. In the beginning I actually quit and like once a month or so had 1-3 while out drinking. Most the time it made me sick so I stopped wanting it. But I never said I couldn't have it. I think this is the same for carbs. On that note I found a wine I am loving I believe it's fairly low carb it's a Chardonnay 14.5. % alcohol. I have it for weekends when I'm cooking and snacking ( low carb)
Michelle, thinking of you and your quitting smoking hope it's going well

Last edited by leaving30something; 01-27-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Well, really bad weekend for me (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) - shooting for AF 7 days this week!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Cipro is a pretty old school antibiotic Never heard the caffeine thing tho. Wonder if the caffeine keeps the med from being absorbed into the blood stream as completely? IDK.
I read the warnings again after I read that and it did say to keep caffeine minimal. So far I've had none Thank goodness I found Dunkin Donuts decaff coffee and I can make it extra strong. It's pretty good I must say. I also can't have dairy 2 hours before or after I take the med. Why don't they just shoot me? It said the dairy can prevent full absorption into the body, but it didn't say that about the caffeine.

Anyhoo. Today is day 7 AF. I had a hellish Sunday and didn't so much want to drink but smoke. I broke down and lit one and took about 2 puffs and it was so gross, I just couldn't do it. Put it out. I know I'm done for sure. I got one of those BlueCig's and it helped me get through the weekend, but I really needed it yesterday and it was out.

For those of you (not singling anyone out because a couple of you have said this) that are rationalizing why it's ok to have a few drinks, I'm not trying to be harsh, but that's part of MY alcoholism talking. Not saying you all are, but I'm just saying I always try to rationalize why it's ok. I'm not saying I will never drink, I know that's not true probably, but to get me off that nasty binge I was on, I had to say I cannot drink. Not one sip. Not one bottle in the house. NO matter what. I cannot. It's working for me so far. I've not thought too much about alcohol. The smoking is killing me, though.

Here's to a successfull week ladies. (I'm cheer'sing with a cup of decaff coffee)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Not saying you all are, but I'm just saying I always try to rationalize why it's ok. I'm not saying I will never drink, I know that's not true probably, but to get me off that nasty binge I was on, I had to say I cannot drink. Not one sip. Not one bottle in the house. NO matter what. I cannot. It's working for me so far. I've not thought too much about alcohol. The smoking is killing me, though.

Here's to a successfull week ladies. (I'm cheer'sing with a cup of decaff coffee)
Hi Ms Woods - I REALLY appreciate you saying this. After I was on my virtual soapbox here , the day I was going to drink in moderation was like Moderation WHO??? I so totally blew that. I mean I just totally went off the deep end. That was Saturday night and nothing since then. It feels somewhat easier (scared to use that word) for me to abstain during the week than on the weekend. You know, when I started low carbing, it was so much easier to throw out all the bad food in the house than it is now for me to throw out all the alcohol. I mean that just makes me CRINGE. That stuff is expensive!!! But I guess I just need someone to be brutally honest with me about whether or not it is really rationalization.

Anyway, so here's to another night of no alcohol. Hoping to hit the gym after work. I've given myself a goal, something I really really want to do/accomplish by the end of February (it's a very personal thing) but it is kinda dependent on me losing some weight by then. I know I can be pretty successful without alcohol so I'm hoping that'll hold me to it. Crossing my fingers.

Ms Woods, I've never smoked so I can only commiserate with you. One of my best friends is a smoker and I know she wants to quit but everyone in her family and her other group of friends smokes so it's really tough for her. Good luck with your efforts on that one.

Happy Monday everyone!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Great post Ms. Woods. I have to agree. Negotiation is part of the denial for me. If I could just have a glass or two there wouldn't be a problem. Like some folks can just eat one cookie and be satisfied.

I'm on day 7 with no wine. It gets a little easier each day. I drink my flavored teas at night for something to have instead. The first few nights were tough getting to sleep, but OK now. I really do feel much better without it. But......I'm meeting family for Sushi Friday night and will probably have a glass of wine.

My light bulb moment last week was starting back to Weight Watcher's. I'm comfortable with the tracking system. It's just another way to track your calories and for me easier than tracking online. Anyway.....I can easily drink 32oz. of wine daily. Too me it's not that much. So, I thought that I would try and reduce to 16oz and track the points.
The points in the 16 oz. were 12. I get 26 a day and 49 "bonus" to spend anyway I want during the week. I figured out quick that I could spend 7 bonus points a day on wine + 5 regular and have 21 left to eat real food on.

If you are still following my warped logic....this means that 1/3 (approx) of my daily nutrition would be from alcohol.

I can't say that I won't drink wine again. I have given it up for a year at a time though. Up until recently I was doing OK just having it out. A few glasses here and there. For now it is banished from the house.

I'm glad you guys started this thread and are keeping it active. I'll pop in and let you know how I'm doing.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

The rationalizing is definately part of the addiction. I do it with food too. Tonight I forced myself not to go to the package store. So basically nothing in the house and hoping to make it at least 3 days.
Erin57, I did the same thing with weight watchers I spent about 15 points a day on food and the rest on wine. I didn't work for me not even if I stuck to the points. I honestly don't think you can loss weight while drinking.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving30something View Post
The rationalizing is definately part of the addiction. I do it with food too. Tonight I forced myself not to go to the package store. So basically nothing in the house and hoping to make it at least 3 days.
Erin57, I did the same thing with weight watchers I spent about 15 points a day on food and the rest on wine. I didn't work for me not even if I stuck to the points. I honestly don't think you can loss weight while drinking.
I agree. I also believe you cannot lose weight while drinking. However, I haven't lost any and I haven't drank I've been eating way too much, though. I contribute that to all the stress going on in my life, and the stopping smoking.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

I guess we all tried to game the system with WW. I have this incredibly wonderful recipe for Sangria. It has triple sec in it and brandy and a wee shot of 151 rum. I used 5Alive juice concentrate with a favorite red wine. I budgeted those WW points perfectly. I even had a bit extra left over and I NEVER lost weight while I did this. It's funny because I one point in time on WW (not during the Sangria experiment), there was this donut I LOVED from a nearby store. I budgeted my points for that as well and did manage to lose weight but never did with the Sangria. Sucks.

Tonight I am having grilled NY strips with some mushrooms sauteed in butter. But no wine. This seems like an alien experience to me. Red wine goes with steak and steak goes with red wine. Fric and frac. I can't imagine one without the other. But here goes nothing, got my big bottle of cold water to enjoy with my steak. Yee haw.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: itsmejessica
Start Date: restart DEC 2013
Hi ladies. Hope all is well with everyone. I haven't been to good. Drinking almost every day. My eating has been ok but the drinking has been horrible. I really want to not drink tonight. And I'm going to try not to. I love my wine,but hat the sluggish mornings. And I agree I'm not really losing because of the drinking. Well wish me luck. And I wish you all the best.
itsmejessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck today Jessica. I do notice when I drink on the weekends I feel horrible the next day, I don't know why I keep doing this to myself - I just really like beer

During the week is so easy to not drink, but when we (my BF and I) go out on the weekends - I always want to have a few. He doesn't drink.

This weekend we are going to Motorcycles on Main. The beers are expensive so I never have more than two - so that will be good. Plus I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends of mine and we weigh on Saturday so I really need to watch what I'm doing.

Hope everyone has a great HUMP DAY!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Good luck 2f2f. Tonight my co-workers are taking me out for drinks. It's a celebration, I've been in this department for almost 7 years and recently got a promotion to another department that has been a long time coming. My co-workers are taking me out to a really nice bar in downtown. However, our corporate "boss" is down and going with us so hopefully I can stay with 2 drinks as she makes me a bit nervous/on edge, like I just don't want to say too much. Typing this out makes me think, oh no this is just a recipe for disaster . . . . but I can manage my alcohol consumption in public MUCH better than in private. Man it's been a long week already!