Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Addiction Support
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/119/115-120
WOE: BTD/JUDDD/HDE
Susan- I really have a serious problem with all nuts, especially macademia nuts. I know I can't even have one because this leads to eating the whole bag. Good for you for throwing the rest in the trash.

Kaarren- I know the feeling so well I usually can shake the carb monster by eating meat and eggs for few days and then I lose the desire for carbs. But it is not always easy. Sometimes I fail after 1 day and go back to binging. But usually if I can stick with it for 5 days I am back in control. You just have to get up in the morning and start fresh and have the right food prepared. Maybe start with induction in the new year?

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-22-08
Marika
I am going to go low carb... AND I have to have the right foods available & ready!
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Invictus
Stats: 281/267/199 5'11"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/28/2012
Hi Kaarren,

I read a great quote the other day that you can lie to everyone but not yourself. And that feeling of knowing I binged, no better say slacked of immensly is terrible. It just makes me want to eat even more "comfort food" to forget. But then I STOP!!! and think, you fall - GET BACK UP. GET BACK UP! NEVER GIVE UP! Try again! Forgive yourself so you can move on.

I end up ordering a OA Book on Amazon because I felt I fit somewhat in that category. Reading other people's stories made me realize im not the only person out there fighting this fight. It gets better. Lets work on it together!!!

Happy thoughts!!! ;-)
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I'm joining you lovely ladies today because I, too have a terrible binging problem that become more pronounced when I was 6 months into doing JUDDD. I lost a nice bit of weight doing JUDDD, loved the way I felt but started to binge on my Up Days because I was so afraid I would be hungry on my Down Days because I didn't eat enough. It was fine when I counted calories, but a bunch of crazy life changes have happened since last April and counting calories was just way too hard with the busy and stressful times I was having.

I find that once I start eating it just doesn't stop, goes on and on! I almost don't want to start to eat at all, but THAT is NOT the answer, this I know for sure!!

I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel and can't get off! I need to find a "happy middle", something that works without so much effort or time as counting calories seems to do to me. I had become obsessed, and spent all my time figuring out, counting and logging the calories! I just can't do this anymore!!
oh my gosh! Am I happy I found this thread!!!!
I relate to every single one of you ... and beeb my story is almost identical except a shorter time frame. I was doing so well with JUDDD for 3 months, I lost 20 pounds ...and BAM every Up day turns into an UUAD .. the calorie counting started to get obsessive (this happened to me 4 years back when I used to calorie count as well) .
The holidays have been horrible in terms of planning/controlling my eating. I am off for two weeks holiday (im a teacher) and I am stuck in a house ALONE all day full of chocolates/sweets/cookies and left overs. I'm usually great all day ...and then BAM 9pm at night ..the monster comes out and I eat everything in sight resolving to start tomorrow . Except that I wake up feeling so sick, full, and bloated which somehow triggers me wanted to eat even more.

Anyways last saturday I was 163.6 .... today I am 171.6 .. binge eating MUST stop.

Any tips?? I have tried low carb in the past but I find the only thing that works for me is calorie counting ..which is not working either.

We'll get through this ...2013 will be a great year!! Really looking forward to getting back to regular routine !

Last edited by angie1; 12-29-2012 at 02:29 PM..
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/141/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Hi Karen
We are all in the same boat. LC helps tremendously but it is a white knuckle endeavor for the first week or two. Having food (LC) at the ready is key. Drinking water is also helpful
I think we are no different from the alcoholic or drug addicted person. We have to hit rock bottom and then take it one day at a time

We are in this together.
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Here's a link to a 30 day binge free challenge. Thanks Angie for the idea.

30 day binge free challenge
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Awesome!! Thank you for making that challenge!! This is going to be great!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/153.6/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
oh my gosh! Am I happy I found this thread!!!!
I relate to every single one of you ... and beeb my story is almost identical except a shorter time frame. I was doing so well with JUDDD for 3 months, I lost 20 pounds ...and BAM every Up day turns into an UUAD .. the calorie counting started to get obsessive (this happened to me 4 years back when I used to calorie count as well) .
The holidays have been horrible in terms of planning/controlling my eating. I am off for two weeks holiday (im a teacher) and I am stuck in a house ALONE all day full of chocolates/sweets/cookies and left overs. I'm usually great all day ...and then BAM 9pm at night ..the monster comes out and I eat everything in sight resolving to start tomorrow . Except that I wake up feeling so sick, full, and bloated which somehow triggers me wanted to eat even more.

Anyways last saturday I was 163.6 .... today I am 171.6 .. binge eating MUST stop.

Any tips?? I have tried low carb in the past but I find the only thing that works for me is calorie counting ..which is not working either.

We'll get through this ...2013 will be a great year!! Really looking forward to getting back to regular routine !
I'm usually great all day ...and then BAM 9pm at night ..the monster comes out and I eat everything in sight resolving to start tomorrow . ..................... ME TOO ! I wanted a piece of cake with my coffee this morning.....I ate a spoonful of mayo instead!

Last edited by Garden; 12-30-2012 at 06:21 AM..
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Only snack last night was one serving of turkey pepperoni with feta nuked!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

We still have so much junk in the house!! Fudge, cookies, tiramisu etc! My husband doesn't eat it and neither does my son but DH won't let me throw it out. Tomorrow we put all the Christmas decorations away and with it will go all that crappy food.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochic View Post
Hi Susan. I feel your pain. Are you taking any supplements? Some people swear by them. I picked up the diet cure and read thru it you may find it helpful. I started taking a few supplements. I'm hoping they will help keep the monster in his cage

I avoided a party with old friends last night due to my embarrassment over my weight instead I went to a gathering with my husband where I was the youngest woman there by at least 15 years!! I may have been the chub bisect but I had them beat in the age cayagory

Oh we'll. we do what we can
Going to check out "The Diet Cure" and look into the supplements! Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

I love January 1st. It seems like anything is possible

So let's get down too it!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Hi everyone, I wasn't sure where to post, here or the other bingeing thread so l am trying this one. I am very happy to have found you all! I definitely need some support as it is hard to talk about this stuff with people in my life.
I am just listening to this guy on TV right now as I type this and he is saying it is always necessary to stay focused on choices you make and what the negative consequences are, also always to keep in mind what the positive outcome can be when you make the right choices. Very fitting!
Maybe we should pay attention to what we say to ourselves when we are on the brink of a binge, and then maybe bring those thoughts here and discuss? Also, knowing that we're going to bring it here and discuss will keep us from participating in the binge? Does that sound like it would help?
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Texas! Welcome. Please join us on the 30 day binge free challenge thread. You and I have the same stats

I'm not sure what I say to myself before a binge. Generally I say nothing but feel an overwhelming compulsion to feed some unknown entity. Other times I say "I don't care..." Either way, not a good thing
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Cool Biochic! I joined the challenge!
You live in NY? That is cool, I have never been there, but plan a trip to NYC with my kids during the Christmas holiday in 2013, we are excited! We're already making lists of things we want to do
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Cool Biochic! I joined the challenge!
You live in NY? That is cool, I have never been there, but plan a trip to NYC with my kids during the Christmas holiday in 2013, we are excited! We're already making lists of things we want to do
I grew up on Staten Island ( the famous ferry! ). We live about 15 miles outside the city now. My DH is a fire chief in FDNY. I hope you're planning on seeing a few shows while you're in town. I love the city
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone, I wasn't sure where to post, here or the other bingeing thread so l am trying this one. I am very happy to have found you all! I definitely need some support as it is hard to talk about this stuff with people in my life.
I am just listening to this guy on TV right now as I type this and he is saying it is always necessary to stay focused on choices you make and what the negative consequences are, also always to keep in mind what the positive outcome can be when you make the right choices. Very fitting!
Maybe we should pay attention to what we say to ourselves when we are on the brink of a binge, and then maybe bring those thoughts here and discuss? Also, knowing that we're going to bring it here and discuss will keep us from participating in the binge? Does that sound like it would help?

Sounds like a great idea, as I sit here right now fighting the urge to go out and buy all my preferred binge foods. I have been 12 days binge free and don't want to blow it. It is dinner time but I just can't bring myself to eat another low carb meal.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

bummer, I know that feeling though. I wonder if it would be alright to skip a meal? I wanted to tell you that you look cute in your crop pants pic, you are lucky that you don't have the 'big calves' syndrome like I do.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Ugh! I hate my thighs/calves even at my lowest weight I find the waist gaping in my jeans while the thigh area will be too tight.

I did eat because I was hungry. I had an Atkins frozen breakfast meal, strawberry protein shake and a chicken thigh! A lot of food but I'd rather eat a lot then binge on carbs.

hot-in-texas- Is this your first time doing Atkins? How is it going?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I grew up on Staten Island ( the famous ferry! ). We live about 15 miles outside the city now. My DH is a fire chief in FDNY. I hope you're planning on seeing a few shows while you're in town. I love the city
I wanted to go see SNL or Jimmy Fallon, but that looks near impossible! Definitely will go to a show, and plan on staying on Times Square. Probably will skip the statue of liberty, thought we may bum around the Chelsea area one day, eat(or look at) a black and white cookie, go on the Subway, hail a Taxi, and stand outside during a taping of The Today Show one morning. And I'm open to suggestions!
I've never been to New York but I know I will love it! I have the live cam of Times Square open on my desktop all the time lol
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Ugh! I hate my thighs/calves even at my lowest weight I find the waist gaping in my jeans while the thigh area will be too tight.

I did eat because I was hungry. I had an Atkins frozen breakfast meal, strawberry protein shake and a chicken thigh! A lot of food but I'd rather eat a lot then binge on carbs.

20 years ago I did it for about 5 days to get rid of baby weight but could not do it longer than 5 days. Other than that this is the only time. I just one night realized after stepping on the scale and seeing 192 that if I didn't do something now I probably never would, and I started that night-didn't even wait until the next morning. It is going pretty good, I did cheat the first few weeks by eating up to 3 chocolates a day. I also cheated on Dec 29th by eating some of my parents 50th anniversary wedding cake. Then Dec 30 started going by the book. I have lost about 3 ponds since then. I really really want to wear shorts or a bathing suit again some day while I'm still semi young. Also, I am unmarried(divorced) and would like to get asked on a date maybe someday! Being fat is no good for self esteem!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

My thighs are an issue too Jeanie. I did gymnastics as a kid and I think that may have contributed to the issue. The good news is they are muscular so the don't jiggle buying pants is a challenge!!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Keep coming here hot-in-texas it is the best forum around, very active and everyone is friendly and supportive

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-07-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wanted to go see SNL or Jimmy Fallon, but that looks near impossible! Definitely will go to a show, and plan on staying on Times Square. Probably will skip the statue of liberty, thought we may bum around the Chelsea area one day, eat(or look at) a black and white cookie, go on the Subway, hail a Taxi, and stand outside during a taping of The Today Show one morning. And I'm open to suggestions!
I've never been to New York but I know I will love it! I have the live cam of Times Square open on my desktop all the time lol
How old are your kids? Boys or girls or both? My son is is NYPD and worked the ball drop the last few years. Christmas in NY is amazing. The tree, the windows ... Just beautiful!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I will post a before pic soon and you will see what I mean by huge calves AND thighs! I just have to find that pic I think my sister has it, she's probably keeping it for blackmail!
I have the gaping waist problem too. I'm a big time pear.
You did good tonight BTW!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How old are your kids? Boys or girls or both? My son is is NYPD and worked the ball drop the last few years. Christmas in NY is amazing. The tree, the windows ... Just beautiful!
That sound soooooo awesome! You guys are right in the thick of things!
I have 2 boys, 21 and 18. My older son just started low carbing with me today(!) Which is funny because he's been rolling his eyes at my low carbing for the last 3 weeks.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That sound soooooo awesome! You guys are right in the thick of things!
I have 2 boys, 21 and 18. My older son just started low carbing with me today(!) Which is funny because he's been rolling his eyes at my low carbing for the last 3 weeks.
Yes we are but when my men are at work I don't sleep so soundly. One is dealing with fires and the other with nut jobs w guns oh and let's not forget the occasional terrorist attack jeeze no wonder I'm FAT there ain't enough ice cream in the world to make that less stressful
Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes we are but when my men are at work I don't sleep so soundly. One is dealing with fires and the other with nut jobs w guns oh and let's not forget the occasional terrorist attack jeeze no wonder I'm FAT there ain't enough ice cream in the world to make that less stressful
That would make me insane! But I bet you are very proud!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That would make me insane! But I bet you are very proud!
Proud and insane. That about sums it up
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
(Biochic:I grew up on Staten Island ( the famous ferry! ). We live about 15 miles outside the city now. My DH is a fire chief in FDNY. I hope you're planning on seeing a few shows while you're in town. I love the city

I am from upstate ny and i just went down to edison nj to meet a LC friend. I kinda wish we could have gone into the city ,but the weather held me on on the thruway and we did not have time. I plan to make another trip in nicer weather.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote