Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Addiction Support
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trvlpk
Stats: couldnt tell ya
WOE: Support of friends
Yes, acting "as if" while working the OA program does work! Like they say keep coming back. It works if you work it! Lots of people have had problems with the believing in a higher power. That's why in the AA big book (which OAs 12 steps stem from) there is a chapter called to the agnostic. If you are willing to do what it takes to work the steps there is recovery. Sometimes it can take desperation and hitting rock bottom. Feel free to private message me any time or post more here! Glad you are here!
trvlpk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
CMCD, If you are serious about wanting to get off xanax, only do it with a doctor's direction. It may be the sort of thing that may need to be done in a clinic or rehab setting, if your reaction is so severe. I was on half dozen different meds and every time I would get one reduced a bit due to weight loss, my heart would pound for about a week. Once I recognized it as symptons of withdrawal and worked with my doctor (shrink), it was easier to manage, but in the begininng I thought I was having a heart attack. That was over 11 years ago.

Agreed that sugar sets off the same brain signals that cocaine and other drugs do. It is just a government sponsored drug that is sold in supermarkets to everyone including our children and through the school system. They say our children will be the first generation who will not outlive the parents because of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doug K
Stats: 229/195/140; goal: 30" waist (5'4" tall)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: April 2011
Hey all,

I haven't posted on this thread in over a year. I went back out into the food, gained back 2/3 of the weight I lost. I've been going to OA meetings again for the last several months, but I haven't been willing to put down the sugar and starch.
Doug K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trvlpk
Stats: couldnt tell ya
WOE: Support of friends
Welcome back Doug! I have recently left a relapse and know the feeling. I will pray you will find the willingness and ability to let go of you problem foods and work the steps.

Sarah
trvlpk is offline   Reply With Quote